The Toy Rescue Mission
We offer Easter Baskets, back to school supplies, birthday gifts (including party supplies) and Christmas gifts to low income children from Pierce and South King counties.
We also offer toiletry kits, lap blankets, large print books, games and puzzles for seniors in nursing homes and/or assisted living facilities.
needs: gently used board games ( with all the pieces) movies, toys, dolls etc... for complete list click the link below
607 S Winnifred Street
Tacoma, Wa 98465
Northwest Furniture Bank
Founded in 2007, the NW Furniture Bank (NWFB) mission is to restore hope, dignity and stability in our community by recycling donated furniture to people in need. Our desire is for all families to have beds, tables, chairs, and the furnishings necessary to turn any house into a real home. NWFB serves families who are trying to rebuild their lives coming from situations like transitional housing, domestic abuse, suffering a loss from fire or natural disaster and young adults leaving foster homes. All our clients are low income and include veterans, the disabled or anyone living without furniture. Our services fill the gap between a person finding a home and furnishing it with the essential items. http://www.nwfurniturebank.org
needs: Gently used toys and games (complete with no missing pieces).
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition is working in partnership with the Prairie Ridge Homeowner's Association, we work to create partnerships for sustainable program, connect families with needed local resources, and organize community events and activities. Through these efforts we endeavor to mobilize Prairie Ridge residents to improve the community through environmental and policy change.
• Bridge the gap between Prairie Ridge residents with the surrounding schools, cities, organizations and resources.
• Identify and develop programs that serve the needs of the community, including programs that address violence, drug, tobacco, alcohol and crime prevention.
• With the help of partners, create meaningful and sustainable programs, projects and activities for the benefit of community members.
• Incorporating the Five Promises, develop programs and build our capacity to serve our community. The five fundamental resources that young people need to succeed:
1)caring adults (includes positive relationships with neighbors & positive role models)
2)safe places (includes being physically and emotionally safe in community & constructive use of time)
3) a healthy start (includes good nutrition and exercise as well as healthy habits and role models)
4) effective education (includes developing marketable skills, education, and mentoring)
5) opportunities to help others (includes volunteering, sense of responsibility, and caring behavior )
needs: Toys are collected all year for our annual party in December.
Other inquiries can be directed to:
Mary Beth Holmes, Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Coordinator
14205 215th Ave E Bonney Lake WA 98391
The Wishing Well
We are a community-based support agency that is focused on the well-being of foster youth in Pierce County. Our mission is to provide the clothing, supplies, and experiences unavailable to most foster children and to retain quality foster homes in Pierce County by addressing financial barriers to accepting foster placements.
needs: Toys for our Holiday event in December.
Erika Thompson, 206.406.2398