Big Brothers Big Sisters
We match youth (ages 7-16) with an adult Volunteer based on interests, personalities and location. Mentors hand out with their match 2-4 times a month. You could play games, take walks, wash your car, go shopping, or just about anything. Volunteers donating a little bit of time, can make a BIG difference in a youth life.
Volunteer needs: Mentors
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition is working in partnership with the Prairie Ridge Homeowner's Association, we work to create partnerships for sustainable program, connect families with needed local resources, and organize community events and activities. Through these efforts we endeavor to mobilize Prairie Ridge residents to improve the community through environmental and policy change.
• Bridge the gap between Prairie Ridge residents with the surrounding schools, cities, organizations and resources.
• Identify and develop programs that serve the needs of the community, including programs that address violence, drug, tobacco, alcohol and crime prevention.
• With the help of partners, create meaningful and sustainable programs, projects and activities for the benefit of community members.
• Incorporating the Five Promises, develop programs and build our capacity to serve our community. The five fundamental resources that young people need to succeed:
1)caring adults (includes positive relationships with neighbors & positive role models)
2)safe places (includes being physically and emotionally safe in community & constructive use of time)
3) a healthy start (includes good nutrition and exercise as well as healthy habits and role models)
4) effective education (includes developing marketable skills, education, and mentoring)
5) opportunities to help others (includes volunteering, sense of responsibility, and caring behavior )
volunteer needs: We have a free dinner every Wednesday night in the community and are always looking for people who want to come in and volunteer to engage with families in ways that will help build community. That might be hosting an after dinner bingo game, or leading an after dinner kickball game in the summer. Anything that will bring people together for positive healthy experiences.
Signup Genius is ready to schedule your volunteer time now
Summer meal volunteers can get on the calendar using Signup Genius (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f44adaa2ba4fa7-summer).
Other inquiries can be directed to:
Mary Beth Holmes, Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Coordinator
cell 206-200-4229 email firstname.lastname@example.org
14205 215th Ave E Bonney Lake WA 98391
ABSOLUTE Ministries was founded to provide faith-based, positive housing to men and women that have completed a drug or alcohol inpatient rehab program and want to live for Jesus Christ. They will make a commitment to lead a substance free life, in an atmosphere that focuses on accountability, integrity, character, transparency, and responsibility.
volunteer needs: People who desire to see our men and women succeed. We need mentors for both our men and women with life and career. So if you have a desire to mentor someone in life or with a career, or both contact us! We would love to meet you!